Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Balancing Act - 24 hours are not enough

Life has gotten pretty busy for me lately. Glow Baby is taking off and I've had a lot of great response to "Baby's First Journal". I am now working on journal #2 "Baby's First Foods". It is pretty exciting to have people embrace my journal and my hard work is starting to pay off.

While things are getting busy on the business side, life is also getting busier on the family side. Juliet is getting older (she's 9 1/2 months already!!) and she is so much fun to be around. Ainsley is also getting older (she's 2 1/2) and she is starting to drop her nap (Booo!!). A huge part of my day is spent seeing to their needs. I'm still breastfeeding Juliet so that is added to the equation.

My days are a blur. I get up, feed Juliet, take Ainsley to school, put Juliet down for her nap, (1 hour break to work if I'm lucky). Then we go pick up Ainsley from school, have lunch, play, feed Juliet, put Juliet down for her nap. Play with Ainsley and then hope and pray she goes down for her nap. Lately, Ainsley has not fallen asleep for her nap until 3pm and then Juliet gets up shortly afterwards leaving the evening hours the only other time to really focus on work.

Trying to fit everything in is getting tough and I rely heavily on my own organizational skills and ability to prioritize to get through my days. I am feeling pretty exhausted this week. I need a vacation but will have to wait until I finish breastfeeding. If only there were a few more hours in the day then maybe I could find some me-time.

2 comments:

  1. i have been searching for ballance since my daughter was born last year, i am good at being a mommy and wife, but then the house becomes a mess. i don't think there is such a thing as ballance anymore once you become a mom. MY daughter does not nap well so it can get pretty hectic around here somedays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. balance... I have been looking for balance for the last 3 years since my 1st born. keeping house is tough and both my kids are bad nappers.

    you are doing an excellent job. As I tweeted you already, I saw your books in Dear Born Baby yesterday and they are fantastic. Good job and good luck!

    ReplyDelete