Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Epic Shopping Spree

I used to be a shopaholic. I loved shopping. I could shop all day everyday and not break a sweat. My feet wouldn't ache and I could keep going except the stores would close. That was the old me. Since being pregnant, my relationship with clothing has been a negative one. Starting with maternity clothing. I hated maternity clothing. I hated how expensive it was and how ill-fitting it was. After having my kids, shopping consisted of sweats and t-shirts. I no longer wore heels but flip flops or running shoes. I didn't bother buying anything nice as after having Ainsley by the time my body would have been back to my pre-pregnancy weight (about 1 year) I got pregnant again with Juliet. It's only been recently that I feel like my body has settled and I am ready to go shopping.

My fashion epiphany happened in the spring of this year. I was invited to two book launches and going through my closet was scary. I had nothing that wasn't worked in by the kids (I won't go into detail but I'm sure you can imagine) or that couldn't double as sleep wear. I posted on facebook asking my friends if they could recommend a good place to shop for a dress. The epiphany came when a friend of mine who knew me pre-baby but hadn't seen me post-baby said "How can you not have anything to wear? You were always so fashionable in school". I was taken aback as I honestly did not remember that once upon a time, people would complement me on my style. This was the moment that I decided that I would make an attempt to embrace my inner-fashionista once again.

So this past week I have been shopping like my life depends on it. I don't mean that I have bought a ton of things and spent a fortune. I have however, taken the time to find truly special items for a great price. I can no longer stomach the thought of spending more than $100 on one item so finding special items on a budget is tough. But they are out there.

I set out to find a pair of ballet flats. I didn't want standard ones though. I wanted ones with some bling. I literally went into every shoe store in Yorkdale and Vaughan Mills (two huge malls) and apart from a pair of shoes at The Bay of all places that cost $250 (not going to happen) I could not find anything! I finally went into my very last store at Vaughan Mills, Winners, when I found them. These Guess shoes were exactly what I was looking for and were meant for me.



They were an acceptable $69 and I love them!

I also found these boots at Winners too for $69.00 as well. For Boots!!



Another score I had this week was at Sears. I always do a walk through Sears especially when they are having a sale. You never know what you are going to find and occasionally you can find a gem for a great price. Last weekend I found these ankle boots for $49!!! They were on sale from $69 and I am so glad I got them. When I visited Sears today they were gone.



I got this necklace at Sears as well on sale for $19.99. It was the last one.



And last but not least, my favourite find of the week is this jacket. I found it at Zellers of all places. I wasn't looking for a jacket and I just stumbled upon it. It was on sale for 25% off and cost $49.00! I still can't believe I got it at zellers.





I would love to hear about any of your Fab Fall finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment