Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ahhhh...Vacation!


After many months of working super hard, my family and I were finally able to take a vacation. After much planning, we decided to head down to Florida and take the girls to Disney World and after that have a relaxing week on Sanibel Island.

We had a wonderful vacation. It was great to relax as a family and not have to worry about work or anything else. It took a few days to get in the swing of things, especially as we were at Disney World. Disney World in my opinion, is not really a vacation. I went into it with the attitude that this part of the vacation was for the girls and so apart from booking character dinners and the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, I left it up to the girls to tell us what we were going to be doing that day.



The girls had a wonderful time at Disney. Visiting with their favourite characters and just enjoying the awesomeness that is Disney. It blew my mind how busy Disney was. We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the Animal Kingdom. Our favourite was definitely the Magic kingdom. Although I was beyond excited to see a real live Manatee!!!! I have always wanted to see one and was pretty stoked to finally be able to. The Finding Nemo ride was definitely worth the 40 minute wait just to see the manatee.













Brett and I definitely enjoyed Sanibel Island the most. I was a bit hesitant about holidaying in Florida as there are so many other places I want to go but as soon as I saw the island I was hooked! I totally get why people buy condos in Florida. If we could afford a condo on Sanibel, I would buy in a second!!

After a stress free week of only having to decided whether to swim in the pool or ocean, we headed home. It was sad to go and I can't wait now to plan our next holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment