Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Prepping Ahead for School lunch - Menu Planning

Now that I have a bigger freezer (YAY!)  I can start planning ahead for school lunches.  I've never been one to make multiple batches of anything because I never had the room to store it.  Not anymore! 

I was looking through Today's Parent special flyer for Picky Eaters with lots of great recipes and came across this recipe for Bake-Ahead mini-pizzas.  My girls love pizza and these don't need to be warm (no microwave at school).  The best thing about this recipe is that it makes 20 individual mini-pizzas and they can be frozen for up to 1 month.

The recipe can be found here.

I've put four of the mini-pizza in the fridge for Tuesday's lunch.  Yum!  I altered the recipe slightly to make the pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni (the girls' favourite toppings).

Mini-Pizza


The other 16 mini-pizzas were divided into four bags with the expiration date written on them.  This way, I can defrost one bag each week until they are gone.  That means that I have at least 1 lunch each week for the next 4 weeks covered.  Awesome!

Frozen Mini-Pizzas

No comments:

Post a Comment