Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Presents my children leave me

I love watching what my girls do with their toys. They often do not play with them as one would traditionally do but this is what I find so charming about young children. They have the imagination to see how else something can be used. In addition to creative playing, the girls also find creative places to put their toys. I often find a puzzle piece in my pocket or a small toy in one of my shoes. I don't understand the reasoning behind this but apparently both my children feel these are appropriate places for these items.

Last night, when I was getting ready to go to sleep, I found quite a few presents from my girls. In our bed was a large bead necklace and a purse. Tucked in under the covers. On my bedside table I found a diaper left by my eldest for what purpose I do not know. On my bathroom counter was an action figure from the movie monsters versus Aliens. Each item was put in place by one of my daughters. Either because they felt that the item fit there or they were distracted and abandoned the toy for another.

At times it is frustrating that no matter how many times we clean up, there are always toys underfoot. However, I think it's fascinating to try and figure out what they were thinking when they put the half-eaten apple under the couch.

6 comments:

  1. Lindsay, you are a much more patient mom than I am! I try to look at things like that, but then I step on a lego, and it all flies out the window for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm patient for some things but nap time shenanigans and bedtime shenanigans stress me out big time!! Those are my stressors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your children are very lucky to have a mom who chooses to look at their mess as an opportunity to get inside their heads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't kids funny/strange/wonderful? I find random things all over our house, too, and have the same reaction. Why? What were they thinking? Or were they even thinking? HA! As I write this I see an action figure on my dresser, a feathery piece of artwork on a side table and one of my daughter's socks on the floor(another strange habit both of my kids have is taking off one sock). Ahhhhhh, kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have random socks all over the house! I feel like I am constantly trying to find matching pairs. Ainsley has stated wearing two different colour socks. Probably b/c she no longer has matching pairs :>.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now following from MBC

    You can find me here~
    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete