Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I finally have time to myself and I don't know what to do

This weekend is momentous. For the first time in over 18 months, I am in my house ALONE. Ainsley and Brett have headed up to the cottage for the night and my parents have taken Juliet to sleepover. I am completely alone in my house and I at a bit of a loss. I have forgotten what it feels like to have time all to myself.

I did not plan ahead for this. My husband didn't make his decision to go up to the cottage until yesterday and so I did not make any plans for a night alone. So now I am trying to decide what to do. I have started a spring cleaning of the girls toys and am tidying up things that I normally don't get to during my normal week. I'm all caught up on work (amazingly) so I can actually do something fun.

I have decided that tonight I will spend on my own. I will have no one to answer to, no chores to do, no pressure. I am so looking forward to this! I am going to head to Blockbuster, rent a chick flick, get some Japanese Take-Out and relax. I will probably have a glass or two of wine. I will not think about what else I could do (marketing for the business, accounting, laundry, etc.) but I will do all the things that I normally don't have time to do. Have a bath, read a book, watch a movie without interruption. Bliss!!!

Tomorrow I will come back to the real world and head to Vaughan Mills to get something to wear to two book launches I'm heading to in May and I will do our weekly grocery shopping. But for tonight, Tonight is Me Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment