I came across this article today listing 9 Social Networking sites for Women Entrepreneurs. I haven't checked them out yet but I will. So far I have had a lot of success with social networking so I am always on the lookout for other avenues.
9 Powerful Social Networking Sites for Women Entrepreneurs
In Business Development and Infrastructure on January 20, 2010 at 10:00 am
What is the real power behind women entrepreneurs? A study by the Center for Women’s Business Research shows that women now own 40 percent of private firms, women-owned businesses generate about $3 trillion in revenue and employ 16 percent of the workforce; making them significant players in the national economy. In addition, the study found that 85 percent of women surveyed do not believe being a woman is detrimental to their business success, and 32 percent believe being a woman is beneficial.
There is power in being a woman entrepreneur. There is even more power in the collaborations that are formed among women business owners. Whether your product or service is exclusively for women or not, you simply cannot deny the intrinsic inclination to support each other and champion each other’s cause. Why not use that to our advantage? The real power in women entrepreneurs lies in our ability to connect, support and encourage each other straight to the top!
Below are 9 powerful social networking sites for women entrepreneurs. CAUTION: Your business could increase and expand if used wisely.
1. Empower Me! – From blogs to websites to networks and everything in between, there is something for every woman. @talentdiva
2. Diversity Woman – Executive network for women of all races, cultures and backgrounds.
3. International Black Women’s Collaborative – The perfect platform for creating new personal and business connections. Live Local and Think Global!
4. Ladies Who Launch – Find information on successful women entrepreneurs as well as resources for women. Ladies Who Launch is an online and offline social network that provides opportunities for women to move their businesses and personal goals forward. @ladieswholaunch
5. Minority Women on the Rise – profiles successful women entrepreneurs from coast to coast, who are successfully running thriving businesses. @sylviabrowder
6. Pink Magazine – PINK represents more than a color. It´s a badge of honor celebrating a global mission of equity and opportunity – a movement acknowledging all that women are today and will be tomorrow.
7. Savor the Success – is a social network that connects entrepreneurial, professional, and creative women while helping to build big dreams in a real way @savorthesuccess
8. Women Owned – information, tools, networking opportunities and advice that has helped hundreds of thousands of women. Women just like you – starting or growing their business.
9. Women’s Peer Network – Only join if you want to improve your business contacts. @thebizwoman
Remember, use these networks to help develop your personal support team, strong collaborations and collective influence. Connect with the appropriate people, your ideal potential clients, those who serve your ideal potential clients, decision makers and be sure to make a few friends!
Be mindful of the time you spend networking. Have a purpose, listen twice as much as you speak and give until your heart is content. Girl Power!
Do you know of more sites? Please add them to the comments.
WANT TO RE-POST THIS ARTICLE ON YOUR BLOG OR USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE, E-NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You may, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
A.Michelle Blakeley is the Founder and CEO of Simplicity, Inc.; a progressive small business development firm. She manages her clients’ business expectations and prevents information overload via Micro Business Therapy™ and Micro Business Action Plans. She is also the host of Simple Truths: Intelligent. Insightful. Informed. on BlogTalkRadio.com.