**See below for today's Press Release from PTPA Media***
PTPA Winter Media Awards
We are pleased to share a press release sent to us today …
Innovative products lead the way in Parent Tested Parent Approved Awards!
Consumer Product Winners include Shark Steams Pocket System, Disney’s Toontown, VTech Bugsby System, Corel Digital Studio and Painter Essentials and Crayola Digital Camcorder
Toronto, Canada, January 13th, 2010 - A video camera for children, a teddy bear that teaches CPR, a book that reads aloud to your child and a Cruizer that helps lug heavy car seats around are among the innovative new products that have just won the PTPA seal of approval from North America’s parents.
Consumers looking for practical, high-quality products and services can rest easy knowing that products bearing the PTPA Media “Winner” Seal are all “Parent Tested, Parent Approved.”
Because independent parents evaluate these products in their own homes, PTPA winners are chosen based on merit and consumer experience – not on commercial considerations. As a result, the PTPA Seal has quickly gained recognition as an international leader in certifying consumer products for quality, effectiveness and value.
“As a working single mother, I go to PTPA for unbiased and ’safe’ advice… from parents, not marketers pushing a particular product,” says actress and author Josie Bissett, former star of Melrose Place and now a mother of two school-age children. “PTPA makes it much easier to find products that enrich my children’s lives. Who better to trust than other parents who have done their homework?”
Companies ranging from Johnson and Johnson and McCain Foods to Wells Fargo and Cisco all submit their products for testing by PTPA’s network of over 20,000 volunteer product testers. Only those that receive high marks from PTPA’s unbiased, knowledgeable testers are awarded the PTPA Seal of Approval.
Here are just a few of the innovative new products to receive the PTPA Winner Seal of Approval:
* Glow Baby’s First Journal: a baby care log book where parents can track the feeding, sleeping, diapering, and special moments from their baby’s day. A great keepsake for the child.
* Safestarts Safetygate: Prevents unwanted restarts of appliance after power outages for safety and allows local power companies to use less energy when bringing power back on.
* MimiTens: Mittens that stay on with no strings attached. Thanks to extra long cuffs, mittens don’t fall off and don’t get lost. Features Thinsulate and Bamboo fleece.
* Your Baby Can Read: This interactive multi sensory program teaches infants the written language as well as spoken language and was shown to be effective.
* Wonder Bumpers: The only vertical bumpers that help reduce the risk of SIDS, Increases crib airflow and has a reversible design to fit with any nursery décor.
* Book Sox stretchable fabric book covers: Stretches over hard cover books for protection. No cutting, folding or taping required. Recommended by schools to protect costly textbooks.
* Jumstart Escape from Adventure Island: A game that challenges kids to use their smarts to find a way off a mysterious island Parents will love that this game helps kids master math, reading and critical thinking skills through action-packed challenges
”At PTPA Media, we are proud to play a role in certifying innovative new products that parents can trust,” says Sharon Vinderine, president and founder of PTPA Media. “It’s win-win. By improving communication between manufacturers and consumers, we are helping companies serve their market better, and helping families identify products that have been tested and recommended by their peers.”
For a complete list of Winter 2010 award winners, check our Winners Announcement
About PTPA: PTPA Media provides an objective framework for appraising and promoting new products designed to enrich family living. The company’s mission is to marry innovative companies with discerning consumers, to improve families’ access to quality products and services.