Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What is your toughest time as a parent?

Today is day four of a stomach bug that has gone through our household. I was sick a week ago and it took me 6 days to start feeling normal again. Juliet came down with the illness on Friday night and the poor thing was sick all night. She is slowly getting better and is starting to eat food. Ainsley was sick twice Sunday night but seems to have recovered quickly.

I find it very tough as a parent when my kids are sick. I feel so badly for them when they are sick and the only thing you can do is comfort them. Last night for the first time since Juliet was just born she slept with us in our bed. We as a rule don't sleep with our children because I find that I don't sleep well and they don't sleep well. However, last night Juliet could not be consoled and for the sake of my sleep and her sleep I caved and we slept. I just hope she doesn't expect this to become a routine.

I am starting to see the end of this illness which has put a strain on our washing machine and my husband is thankful that we had a ton of sleepers for Juliet as we definitely needed them!!! I hope that we now will have a period of health for awhile.

Each time they get sick I find that I am able to deal with it a bit better but it's tough. It's emotionally draining and it's tough not being able to leave the house for days. At least Brett and I are a pretty good team and work well together to get our kids back into fighting form.

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I found your blog through the blogupp that is on my blog. I have to say, when you asked what the craziest time parenting is for me - I wasn't thinking nearly as sporadic as illnesses - I was thinking EVERY DAY the last hou before my husband gets home!!! Ha!
    the-popps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about crazy days. I can handle the normal day to day craziness. It's when you add in illness that includes vomiting that I began to feel the strain of parenting :>.

    ReplyDelete