Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fourth Trimester Program

I stumbled across an article today about a hospital in Norwalk, CT who runs what they call a "Fourth Trimester Program". This program is for moms for the first three months of their child's life. By joining this program you get the support of the hospital while building a moms network that can continue after the program.

I thought this was a fantastic idea! I myself had to search around Toronto and found only two programs and it was not local. I had to drive myself 30 minutes across the city to get to it. In the end I was lucky enough to have been contacted by one of my fellow prenatal class members for a playdate.

It would have been great to have been offered a program like this by the hospital. The Norwalk program is facilitated by a nurse and it is great that these new moms not only get to talk about their days to other moms and commiserate but if they have actual medical or developmental questions there is a professional there to answer.

Here is the link to the actual article if interested http://www.norwalkplus.com/nwk/information/nwsnwk/publish/health/New-moms-meet-in-group-and-continue-to-be-there-for-each-other_np_7262.shtml.

No comments:

Post a Comment