Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel?

I am finally seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel. The past 7 weeks (starting with my tonsillectomy) have been very tough on our poor family. Just when I was starting to feel better after my surgery, we all came down with a nasty stomach bug. Just when we were all feeling better from that, we all got a cold. The number of days that Ainsley was able to go to nursery school was cut in half which was very tough. Talk about cabin fever.

Then when we were getting better from the cold, I was advised by my doctor to keep Ainsley and Juliet away from other children for the week before Juliet had eye surgery to repair her strabismus. We needed to make sure that she didn't get sick so we could have the surgery done. We have waited for almost a year for this date so I wasn't taking any chances.

Ironically, the day before the surgery, I got the stomach flu again!! This was the second time in 3 weeks. Luckily it was quick and I was able to be with Juliet before and after her surgery. I would have felt so guilty if I wasn't able to be there for her.

So now, Juliet has recovered from surgery, no one has stomach bugs or colds (knock on wood) so I am hoping that we might have a few weeks of health. I was so glad that I could take Ainsley to play with her friends at school today and we could get back to our regular routine. Which means I can once again focus on the business.

Here I am, back in action. For how long? Who knows.

1 comment: